STEP Preparation Course
STEP ( Standardized Test For English Proficiency ) is similar to other well-known international tests (i.e., TOEFL and IELTS). It is designed in accordance with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. The test targets students who wish to join English language programs in Saudi universities, as well as scholarship programs. It also caters to programs which require a certain level of English language proficiency, and individuals who wish to obtain evidence of English language proficiency (i.e., a certificate or grade).
STEP serves as:
- an admission test for students applying for English departments in the universities.
- a verification tool for students’ exemption from certain courses in English language programs (course waiver).
- a placement test for English departments applicants.
- a measuring instrument of English language proficiency for students seeking to apply for teaching positions , higher studies, businesses or any other professional field.
This test is designed to measure objectively the student’s proficiency in English. The test is made up of 100 questions and some other trial questions that do not add up to the final total score. The following are the various parts of the test and their perspective percentages:
- Reading Comprehension 40%
- Sentence Structure 30%
- Listening Comprehension 20%
- Composition Analysis 10%
Prepare for the Test and join our course